I am hard-pressed to find anything in this world that gives me as much wealth as inner happiness.
It is common to use material acquisitions as determinants of success, but I have little interest in doing that. My true success comes when I can rest peacefully at the end of each day. Knowing that my choices relieve me of emotional burden is fulfilling.
When I focus less on owning a nice car or fancy clothes, I give myself the chance to express gratitude. Having just enough is a blessing and a lesson in sacrifice.
Using some of my material earnings to assist others in need gives me true fulfilment. Seeing my dollars and donations stretch is miraculous. I smile deep within my soul when I am able to make life a little easier for someone else.
Spending time in the presence of the less fortunate forces me to consider my blessings. Being among homeless people reminds me to appreciate the roof over my head.
I feel quite lucky when I consider my good health and safe environment. These things that are sometimes taken for granted are the true predictors of well-being.
Today, my lifelong focus is to replace material desires with spiritual wellness. Having a spirt of charity, love, and sacrifice is my key to feeling satisfied. Very little else matters when I am able to achieve those three things.
Self-Reflection Journal Questions:
- How do I train myself to let go of dependence on material possessions?
- What experiences bring me the most joy?
- How am I able to balance taking care of my expenses with sharing my possessions?
How To Use My Daily Affirmations
- Read the affirmations and accompanying text to yourself (aloud) a few times over.
- Copy any afffirmations that really speak to you into your journal - or bookmark the page.
- Use the three daily journaling questions to help you write though provoking and inspiring journal entries.
- Come back every day for more daily affirmations.